Friday, January 13, 2017

Weather Rant

My body has been so confused the past few days.  It is January and last weekend we had ice and 30 degree temps for the day's highs.   Today it was in the mid-70's.  My closet is full of winter clothes.
The dogs were panting when we walked today.  This is not normal.  We have set weather records for the past year.  Our blueberries are budding.

Is the rest of the world having extremes in their weather?  I keep reading about the ice caps melting.
I miss having fall, winter, spring and summer.  We are no where near leaving last year's drought and are already behind in rain again.   I know this is a weather rant.  My mom always told me you can't change the weather, but something has.

On a lighter note.  I gave Taz a haircut yesterday.  She loves being groomed.  She actually coos as you brush her hair.  When we finished I told her how pretty she was.   She tilted her head and looked up at me as if to say, " I know."  Never at any time in my life had I thought of owning a Yorkie.
What a sweet gift from the universe.  I will always be grateful for Taz.

Jordan is celebrating his birthday tomorrow.  His birthday is the 29th but he has a swim meet that weekend.  He and his cousins and friends are going to an indoor climbing event.  He is so excited.

I am ready for a cup of Breath Deep and a good night's sleep.
May your weekend be one of peace and joy.

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone on ranting the weather. My pipes were frozen in my end of the barn this morning and it was an extra hour work to thaw the pipes. So rant all you want, I'm right behind you with ranting.

    Spring is on my mind.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete