Friday, December 24, 2010

Waiting For You

One of my favorite Joseph Campbell quotes"we must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Tonight is Christmas Eve and I had planned(haha) to write something about Christmas, but I kept thinking about this quote, so down the rabbit hole I go. I have been writing in my daily planner for several months at least once a week, what do I want........... not what I have planned, but what do I want.

It is quite exhilarating and a little scary to actually write down what you want.......not goals, not plans.......but what do I want. You begin to know and learn about yourself, when you give yourself freedom to voice your wants. Writing down my wants has helped me to focus, to pin point if you will what I finally want in life. If you let yourself be honest with your wants, you go inward and you are reintroduced (at least I was) to a person I left behind some time ago.

It has been a struggle, to address my wants.........I am a good southern girl, everybody's needs and wants always came before mine. But I am learning........and I am beginning to feel and be the woman I should have always been. Listing wants on paper, the motion and feel of the pen as it flows across the page is freeing, when you actually see those wants listed, you voice them, and put the energy out there, in your heart you know life is about to change.

I urge all of you who read this blog, to try this for a while in your own lives......some of you may already do so, but for those of you who don't, take a leap of faith. Years ago, I worked as a teacher's helper in a kindergarten class, the teacher I worked with was the best! One of the things that she taught me, when you are learning, use as many of your senses as you can.......I think that writing pen to paper is a great example of that. The rhythm of the pen, the movement of the hand, the feel of the paper, seeing the words cross the page, all reinforce
What Do I Want.

Give yourself a Christmas present of a lifetime, during the next twenty four hours...........write down, What Do I Want and relive your wildest dreams. Maybe at some point you wanted to write French poetry, or climb a mountain or write a novel..........dare to think it, dare to see it on paper! Your will see yourself differently, and soon others will too. Go ahead, once a week, write it down.......find the life that is waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment