Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crossing of Paths

I can count on one hand the number of people that I have met, that our crossing of paths changed my life. I can add another name to that short list tonight.
I spent the afternoon with Claude Anshin Thomas and his assistant, KenShin. Claude wrote a book, At Hell's Gate( a soldier's journey from war to peace). A friend had suggested a few months ago that I read the book, he had read it, and had communicated with Claude. I ordered the book, read it and sent Claude an e-mail explaining my yoga classes/involvement with Post Traumatic Stress.
He answered my e-mail, offering his help, his services, anything that he could do.

Today Claude shared his story with those classes. This book is truth and compassion, and I know it took great courage to write. I read passages from it to my classes all the time. Each time I read his words, I am amazed by his journey, his story. But meeting him face to face, sensing the peacefulness and calm that surrounds him, hearing him speak. I watched faces today as the group heard his words, some were skeptical, others "got it", and I saw the transformation in their eyes.

Claude teaches "that everyone has their Vietnam" and he offers ways to find healing and guidance on mindfulness, how compassion can change our lives. I sat in the presence of some one remarkable today, forever grateful that our paths crossed, knowing in my heart my life has changed because of meeting him.

My song tonight is one of joy and gratitude. Kindness and blessings to you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this post. I am going to buy that book as soon as I can. It is great that you help people with post-traumatic stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle, if you know someone with PTS, share the book, or tell them about it. Claude's story is on certain levels, not an easy read, but it is a story of hope. That is the transformation that I saw in eyes yesterday, I saw hope where there had been none before.

    ReplyDelete