Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Off day Transformation

I am off on Tuesdays. My plan is to always do something productive, and something fun, and to do something just for myself. Why is such a simple plan so hard to do? My off day gets eaten up by trips to the dentist, to the doc, cleaning house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, running errands, etc. This is not off day stuff!!!!! I so naively believed that a day off from work meant just that, that you could spend the day not working. So wrong, so very wrong. I cannot remember the last time I spent the day doing whatever I wanted to. Weekends are the same way, and the fastest 48 hours of the week happens between Saturday and Sunday. I get off on Fridays, close my eyes, and it is Monday all over again. My husband Rick, retired a couple of months ago, I am so envious of him! He stays busy, but it is doing what he wants to do, when he wants to do it. Even if I retired tomorrow, something tells me, I would not have the luxury of spending every day as I pleased. Once a week, I write out a list called What Do I Want, but I have come to realize that much of what is on my list will not be accomplished until 1. I become extremely self-centered and tell the rest of the world to go fly a kite 2. win the lottery 3. hire a maid, cook, driver, maybe a therapist and a cute cabana boy( oh wait I don't have a cabana)
4. quit my job (and have no money) or take it all in stride, forget about shaving my legs or doing my nails, or reading a book .......... and just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment