Monday, June 14, 2010

Heat Transformation

The heat index was well over 100 today. Right now, it 80 degrees with 91% humidity, and it is 9:45 pm. I really try to embrace everything with positive thoughts, but summer heat(and it is not summer yet) just whips it right out of me. My northern European roots run deep, I love the rain, I love the cold, I love sweaters and coats and hot tea and warm cozy fires and boots. My skin is the color of a fish belly, that just gets pinker as the heat builds. I am not one of those women who looks great without makeup, and trust me, makeup melts in this heat! This time of year, breathing becomes more and more difficult, energy becomes nonexistent, I sweat, I wilt, and I wait for the first cool breeze of autumn, (maybe 3 or 4 months away) When I was 12 or 13, I can remember being at school, red faced, and sweaty, while most of the other girls barely broke a sweat, they got dewy and I looked as though I had ran a marathon. My personal heat transformation, praying that in my next life, I live in Northern California, England, Ireland, Sweden, Nova Scotia, Maine, any place where 80 degrees and above is not the norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment