Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Different

Working where I work, I teach students from many different places and cultures.  It is fascinating.
Our differences.  Our thoughts, beliefs and even our feelings can be so different and unique.
Then there are also things to be considered such as extremely high IQs, incredibly gifted and talented.

Speaking with a couple of my students today, I was reminded of how truly different we all are.
When you think of all the different people in America and then start to think about all the different people in the world it is staggering.  I personally find our differences inspiring and refreshing.  Why would you want to live in a world where everyone was the same, had the same beliefs, thought the same way, ate the same food, dressed the same.  I find no pleasure in that at all.

I think when you meet someone different if you choose not to judge but take some time to talk, to interact you realize not only the differences but also the similarities.  We humans have the same basic needs, a roof, food, education, to feel safe and to be loved and to practice whatever religious beliefs we might possess, we want our families safe and we want good health.  All pretty basic stuff.

Tomorrow is hump day.  Remember to treat those around you the way you would like to be treated.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on loving the differences with people. I've learned a lot from folks when I take the time to connect and really listen to their life story. We all have one and that's what I've enjoyed about blogging..meeting so many interesting and talented folks like you and Rick! Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I'm having some disappearing comments when I'm clicking publish today.
    Here I go again, I agree with you and Yaya about loving the difference in people.

    I have a diversity of interests and I love to interact with people with different interests as well. They all have gifts to share and I learn a lot from them.
    Vive la difference!!!
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete