Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lessons

What is it about humans that we have to relearn lessons over and over?  I think that I get it......and the next thing I know......I am relearning some lesson I swore I would never have to learn again!

For the past several months I have been aware of my energy level, and when the tank is empty don't push it.
I had a great time yesterday, being with friends, listening to other singer/songwriters, but last night in the midst of one of the shows, I looked at Rick and said "we need to go home."  I had pushed......past empty.

Today, I have sworn once again to not push, to remember my limits, to listen to my body.....and I will for awhile.....and then, I suppose......I'll do it all over again.  I think we all live our "Groundhog's Day" in some way or other.  Maybe that is what life is......the relearning of lessons over and over, in so many different ways
that they are ingrained in us for ever.  (Groundhog's Day is a movie about learning life's lessons over and over, until you get it)

So, yes, I relearned my lesson......hopefully it will last longer this time.......and yes actually, not being well today was worth yesterday.....the good news, in the past I would have ignored my body today and packed in as much as possible today also......I did not do that......lesson learned.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. It's good to listen to your body - they sometimes know what's best! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete